Bush Food Hamper Delivered & Online Class
Bush Food Hamper Delivered & Online Class
Discover the delicious and unique flavours of Australia with this Foodies Hamper Ingredients’ Kit + Bushfood Cooking Class Online!
From gin and finger lime cocktails to green apple salads made with Australian Bush Spice and Paste, you’ll explore the extraordinary flavours of this amazing nation. You will also learn how to properly cook meat and fish wrapped in leaf before being treated to a meal of native Australian delicacies, exquisitely paired with boutique gin.
This interactive experience is brought to you from the experts at Otao Kitchen who are passionate about creating delicious recipes from Australia's sustainable and local ingredients for your culinary pleasure!
Enjoy a delectable two course meal under the guidance of an experienced chef who understands the value Australian local food holds for both your health and the environment. What a better way to explore the many flavours of Australia than with this Foodies Hamper Ingredients' Kit + Bushfood Cooking Class Online?
*Please note, we may substitute some items for similar products if they are out of stock.
- Embracing local and sustainable local Australian ingredients
- Learn the health benefit of Australian Foods
- Learn the methods used in bush foods
- Enjoy a social cooking experience
- Explore Native herbs and spices
ON THE DAY
- This hands-on finger food making experience lasts for two and half hours
- Demonstration and learn how to prepare favourite Australia produce
- Cook, plate up your dishes and enjoy a delicious meal at the end
- Recipes and instructions to replicate the experience at home
- Australian Bush Spice, Green Apple, Carrot and Dry Beef.
- Murray Cod or Barramundi or Chicken Steamed in Banana Leaf
- Damper ‘Flatbread’ with Mountain Pepper
- Damper ‘Flatbread’ Flour Blend
- House-made Australian Ingredient Spice Mix
- House-made Australian Ingredient Spice Paste
- Banana Leaf
- A 200ml pre mix Brogan Way Gin Tasting
- Delivery included within Australia
- QR code linked to the recipes and an online instructional video
DELIVERY AND HAMPER UNPACKING
- In the unlikely event the delivery of the hamper is delayed, it is advised that you refer to the recipes sent and obtain ingredients so you are prepared for the class.
- Otao Kitchen makes every effort to get the hamper to you, latest 48 hours prior to the class start time and it is highly dependant on Australia Post service. We can't be held liable for late or non-delivery.
- When unpacking your ingredients kit, please leave the items 3 and 4 in the fridge and 5 in the freezer.
WHAT DO I BRING?
- 2 apples, 1 carrot, 1 lemon, 1/2 bunch mint
- 300g Murray Cod or Barramundi or Chicken
- Olive Oil, Salt, sugar and pepper to taste
- Sharp knife and cutting board
- Sturdy sauté pans with lid (for pan-frying) or a large pot with a steamer setup (for steaming)
- Small mixing bowls
- A spatula, tongs, and measuring spoons
- A digital scale, rolling pin
- Cling wrap
SPECIAL DIETARY NOTES
- Meat eater - you can use meat instead of fish (e.g. kangaroo, lamb, beef)
- Gluten-free - the class has flour to make Damper ‘Flatbread’ with Mountain Pepper
- Dairy-free - the recipes includes no dairy.
- Low sodium. Use less salt.
- Halal- No meat in the recipes
- No nuts. We don't include any nuts in this class
ON THE DAY
- This online Zoom class lasts for 1-2 hours you will need a device with internet connection
- Meet our chef and follow along with a live cooking demonstration, from your kitchen
- Debrief with a chance to enjoy your creations and chat.
- Learn how to cook or make sauce
- In rare situations, we may have to restart the online class.
HOW DO WE RUN THE CLASS?
- Learning by doing! You can start cooking at your own pace before and after the actual zoom class because we email you the ingredient list, recipes. We will send you details for your Live Cooking Demonstration on ZOOM.
- We will answer your question pre- and post-class by email at email@example.com. If you made the recipes, you would have more questions for us. We hope this is one of your favorite dishes for some time!
- We recommend you understand the recipes before you start making and cooking. We know it might be not easy to find ingredients. It is better to build up the pantry slowly. We developed our recipes in a way that you can shop at your local supermarkets.
- In this online cooking class, you are welcome to BYO your wine and beer. However, for safety, please focus on cooking, and you can drink with the meal later.
- We recommend for you to measure and put all the ingredients on a dish/tray to be ready to cook. This way, you can enjoy yourself while connecting to others. If you tell us about your dietary requirement, we can suggest some substitute ideas. We will do our best to help you to cook the dishes on the menu.
- Please note that the start times for this virtual experience are scheduled in Melbourne - Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST). Please be aware and adjust the start time to your time zone if you are not based in Australia.
- Have a question as "I'm attending an online classs?" please check our FAQs
CANCELLATIONS AND RESCHEDULES
- As soon as you sign up, we will send you information, so you can get access to the class resources. We will send you recipes, videos and Zoom details. No cancellation, but you can change the date.
- If you miss the Zoom class, let us know, as we will have the record for you.
- If you buy the voucher from the 3rd party, you will be bounced by the terms which we don't have the control over their business practices.
- Have a question as "I need to cancel, change or ask for a refund?", please check our FAQs
- Otao Kitchen license number for online class delivery VCGLR LIMITED LICENSE 36135497*
- For Liquor Licenses - Under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1988 it is an offence - to supply alcohol to a person under the age of 18 years (Penalty exceeds $19,000). - For a person under the gage of 18 years to purchase or receive liquor (Penalty exceeds $800).
Jh Marie • Apr 2023
A great class with a great teacher. Dylan was patient, friendly and informative. He went through all the foods step by step and provided ideas to use for future dishes as well. The kit sent in the mail was really good too. I would recommend this to others.
RJ Frazzled . Dec 202
A fantastic night at Otao Kitchen, a comprehensive and well put together evening of good food and great knowledge of the ingredients being used. Would highly recommend for any level of cooking or food lover!
Max T • Nov 2022
This class taught me to make a delicious meal and the included ingredients were top quality. I will certainly be making elements of the recepies again and am excited to continue expanding my familiarity with native ingredients!
Fraser Chapman • Jun 2022
Dylan was just fantastic. He explained everything clearly and with so much respect. I give him the highest rating possible.Liz N • Oct 2021 Dylan and Team Otao were amazing! The recipes were incredible-- I hadn't explored a lot of the native Australian botanicals in cooking before, but the class made me feel confident in trying them out-- and the structure is well-thought out-- and I'm really impressed with how Otao Kitchen embraces the online format. I will definitely be booking with them again!