Vietnamese Cooking Hamper Delivered & Online Class
Vietnamese Cooking Hamper Delivered & Online Class
Treat your friends and family to an unforgettable adventure of Vietnamese cuisine! Our foodie's hamper is packed with scrumptious goodies that will tantalise their taste buds. Plus, join us for the Ultimate Foodies Hamper Ingredients' Kit Delivered plus cooking class experience where a professional chef shares all the secrets behind authentic signature dishes such as bo kho and green papaya salad. Savour these delicious flavours combined in perfect harmony while you learn valuable tips from our expert Chef. End off this unique culinary journey by sharing stories over bites accompanied by glasses of wine amongst new friends - it doesn't get any better than this!
Please note, we may substitute some items for similar products if they are out of stock.
- Learn a set of fundamental Vietnamese cooking skills
- A delicious meal celebrated and enjoyed together for two people
- Cooking tips, tricks, and techniques
- Take-away recipes to recreate you experience afterwards
- Bò Kho- Clay Pot Beef
- Gỏi đu đủ- Green Papaya Salad
- Nước Chấm - Fish Sauce Dressing
- High Quality Red Boat Fish Sauce (250ml)
- Vietnamese Mandoline Julienne Vegetables
- Prawn Chips (50g)
- Curried, Dried Beef (100g)
- Wavy Gluten Free Ramen Noodles
- Bo Kho Sauce (200ml)
- Bo Kho Spice Blend
- Knife- Large
- QR code linked to the recipes and an online instructional video
- Delivery included within Australia
DELIVERY AND UNPACK THE KITS
- In the event of package delivery delays for ingredient kits, it is advised that you refer to the recipes sent and obtain ingredients so you are prepared for the class.
- Otao make every effort to have the package-ingredient kit to you 48 hours prior to the class start time and depend on the service of Australia Post. We are not liable for late or non-delivery.
- When unpacking your ingredient kit, please leave the item 7 in the fridge
WHAT DO I BRING?
- 1 chilli, 1 Lime, 2 cloves garlic, 2 shallots, 1 brown onion, 5cm lemon grass, 2 slices ginger, coriander, Thai basil and mints
- 1 carrot, 400g green papaya or 1 large green apple
- Vietnamese or French baguette - we also send GF ramen
- 500g beef brisket or stew cut meats, 4 cooked prawns
- Tomato paste, toasted peanuts and/or fried shallots
- Salt, sugar and pepper to taste
- Sharp knife and cutting board
- Sturdy sauté pans with lid for the beef - best to use pressured cooker
- Small mixing bowls
- A spatula, tongs, and measuring spoons
- A digital scale, rolling pin or pasta roller
- Cling wrap
SPECIAL DIETARY NOTES
- Vegetarian/ vegan. the kit makes meats but you can remove the meats with mushrooms & vegan meats
- Gluten-free - the class has bread but we include GF noodles
- Dairy-free - the recipes has no dairy.
- Low sodium. Use less salt and fish sauce
- Halal- Use Halal meat in the recipes
- No nuts. We don't include any nuts in this hamper
ON THE DAY
- This online Zoom class lasts for 1-2 hours - you will need a device with internet connection
- Meet our chef and follow along with a live cooking demonstration
- Debrief with a chance to enjoy your creations and chat.
- Learn how to cook or make noodles, sauces and garnishes
- In rare situations, we may have to restart the online class so don’t worry if we got cut out during the Zoom session.
HOW DO WE RUN THE CLASS?
- You will the recipes and you can review them at your own pace before and after the zoom class. We will send you Zoom link.
- We will answer your question pre- and post-class by email at email@example.com. If you made the recipes, you would have more questions for us. We hope this is one of your favourite dishes for some time!
- In this online cooking class, you are welcome to your wine and beer. However, for safety, please focus on cooking, and you can drink with the meal later.
- We recommend for you to measure and put all the ingredients on a dish/tray to be ready to cook. This way, you can enjoy yourself while connecting to others. If you tell us about your dietary requirement, we can suggest some substitute ideas. We will do our best to help you to cook the dishes on the menu.
- Please note that the start times for this virtual experience are scheduled in Melbourne - Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST). Please be aware and adjust the start time to your time zone if you are not based in Australia
- Have a question as "I'm attending an online classs?" please check our FAQs
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGE FOR DATES
- No cancellation, but you can change the date.
- If you miss the Zoom class, let us know, as we can add you into the next class.
- If you buy the voucher from the 3rd party, you will be bounced by the terms.
- Have a question as "I need to cancel, change or ask for a refund?", please check our FAQs
- Otao kitchen license number for online class delivery VCGLR LIMITED LICENSE 36135497*
- For Liquor Licenses - Under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1988 it is an offence - to supply alcohol to a person under the age of 18 years (Penalty exceeds $19,000). - For a person under the gage of 18 years to purchase or receive liquor (Penalty exceeds $800).
Catriona W • Sep 2022
Thoroughly enjoyed this experience.
As a first timer, the chef was very patient and well explained.
All methods, ingredients and recipes were well thought out and super tasty. Will definitely be making more at home! And certainly be returning for another class.
Thank you for your time, the pleasure was all mine!
Jacques M • Sep 2022
Excellent class and the teacher was good and friendly. Worth going too. Highly recommended if you are interested in Vietnamese cooking.
Glenn C • Jul 2022
Dylan was great and explained the cooking method of the dishes very well, he also gave additional tips and points to consider
Jeannette P • Jul 2022
Teacher was great. Thanks Dillon. Really enjoyed the class. Well organised and food delicious .
Nicole and Ben enjoyed it too.
Peter A • Jul 2022
Dillion the teacher was great, the class was well organised, easy instruction, as well as being very relaxing.
I went by myself and they were very helpful
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
for special promotions, tasting events, recipes and more!