Japanese Sushi Making Hamper Delivered & Online Class
Japanese Sushi Making Hamper Delivered & Online Class
Gift hampers are the perfect way to celebrate a special occasion. Send a gift from the heart with our specially curated online hampers with Japanese ingredients. This Foodies' Hamper with Japanese Cooking Essentials is an ideal gift for those who love cooking Japanese dishes.
For those looking to explore their passion for Japanese cuisine, we offer a unique Foodies Hamper with Japanese Cooking Essentials. Not only does this hamper include delicious, must-have items to take your sushi making to the next level, but we also provide an engaging and informative sushi-making class online! This exclusive package has all that you need to create delectable Japanese dishes that are sure to tantalise your taste buds.
The best part– our online sushi making class! Learn from top chefs how to properly create beautiful elaborate maki rolls or simple temaki hand rolls. The skills you acquire from this class will give you the confidence to start creating unique and exciting sushi experiences. Flexibility and adaptability come easy when viewing each recipe through a creative lens afforded by having access to these high-end ingredients. Whether it’s family night at home or dinner with friends, the recipes will keep everyone talking about the amazing new flavours they tried!
This hamper includes some of the essential ingredients that you would find in a Japanese kitchen, with a few added luxury products to explore and indulge in. Surprise your friends and family with an unforgettable gift of all things flavourful with our Foodies' Hamper with Japanese Cooking Essentials package!
Please note, we may substitute some items for similar products if they are out of stock.
- Learn how to craft restaurant-quality sushi and miso at home
- Learn to make the dashi stock, sushi and miso from scratch
- Learn useful tips and tricks from a certified chef instructor.
- Adaptable for various dietary restrictions- just let us know!
- Handmade Sushi
- Japanese Tea/ Tasting Sake
- Miso Soup
- Mushroom Dashi Kit
- Otao Kitchen's Sushi Vinegar
- Tosa Joyu (Sushi Soy Sauce Blend)
- Authentic Wasabi
- Koshihikari Rice 300g
- Spiral Nori Seaweed
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Genmai Miso Jar
- Japanese Sake
- Bamboo Sushi Mat
- QR code linked to the recipes and an online instructional video
- Delivery included within Australia
* In the event of package delivery delays for ingredient kits, it is advised that you refer to the recipes sent and obtain ingredients so you are prepared for the class. Otao make every effort to have the package-ingredient kit to you 48 hours prior to the class start time and depend on the service of Australia Post. We are not liable for late or non-delivery.
- Sharp knife and cutting board
- Small pot for miso
- Rice cooker for sushi rice or think bottom pot
- Small mixing bowls and measuring spoons
- A digital scale
- Tea pot or tea infuser
WHAT DO I BRING?
- 1 pcs of Spring Onion, your selection of Mushroom, Silken Tofu
- 200g of sushi-grade salmon, sliced into 1x1x20cm batons or smoke salmon
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced thinly, seeds removed
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 10g gari - pickled ginger (optional)
SPECIAL DIETARY NOTES
- Vegetarian/vegan the kit can make vegetarian/vegan option - no mayonnaise and salmon
- Gluten-free - we will send a gluten free soy
- Dairy-free - the recipes doesn't include dairy.
- Low sodium. Use less soy sauce.
- Kosher. These can be kosher if you buy Kosher salmon
- Halal- can use Halal meat such as chicken if you don’t like salmon
- No nuts. We don't include any nuts in this meal.
ON THE DAY
- This online Zoom class lasts for 1-2 hours you will need a device with internet connection
- Meet our chef and follow along with a live cooking demonstration, from your kitchen
- Debrief with a chance to enjoy your creations and chat.
- Learn how to steam or pan-fry your dumplings
- In rare situations, we may have to restart the online class.
HOW WE RUN THE CLASS?
- Learning by doing! You can start cooking at your own pace before and after the actual online class because you can click on the QR code for the video and recipe.
- We recommend you to watch the pre-recorded the video below to understand the recipes before you start making and cooking.
- In this online cooking class, you will have some sake. However, for safety, please focus on cooking, and you can drink with the meal later.
- If you tell us about your dietary requirement, we can suggest some substitute ideas. We will do our best to help you to cook the dishes on the menu.
- Please note that the start times for this virtual experience are scheduled in Melbourne - Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST). Please be aware and adjust the start time to your time zone if you are not based in Australia.
- Have a question as "I'm attending an online class?" please check our FAQs
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGE FOR DATES
- As soon as you sign up, we will send you information, so you can get access to the class resources. We will send you recipes, videos and Zoom details. No cancellation, but you can change the date.
- If you miss the Zoom class, let us know, as we will have the record for you.
- If you buy the voucher from the 3rd party, you will be bounced by the terms which we don't have the control over their business practices.
- Have a question as "I need to cancel, change or ask for a refund?", please check our FAQs
- Otao kitchen license number for online class delivery VCGLR LIMITED LICENSE 36135497*
- For Liquor Licenses - Under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1988 it is an offence - to supply alcohol to a person under the age of 18 years (Penalty exceeds $19,000). - For a person under the age of 18 years to purchase or receive liquor (Penalty exceeds $800).