Mexican Cooking Hamper Delivered & Online Class
Mexican Cooking Hamper Delivered & Online Class
Looking to add a personalised touch to your celebrations? Look no further than the Foodies Hamper Ingredients' Kit Delivered + Mexican Cooking Class Online! This specially curated gift hamper is the perfect way to add authenticity and tradition to your festivities, sure to make any occasion extra special.
You can trust that each ingredient has been hand-picked by our Head Chefs to ensure a delicious, authentic Mexican experience. Not only does this hamper include all of the ingredients necessary for a classic dish, but also an exclusive cooking class that will teach you step-by-step how to cook like a professional chef. Send your loved ones far away or bring this basket with you for family gatherings — however you use it, they’ll be delighted.
So don’t miss out – give your celebrations that extra sparkle with the Foodies Hamper Ingredients' Kit Delivered + Mexican Cooking Class Online! It's the perfect way to celebrate with all the flavours of Mexico and create a true sense of togetherness!
- Learn how to craft restaurant-quality Mexican foods at home
- Learn to make the Ceviche and Tacos from scratch
- Learn useful tips and tricks from a certified chef instructor.
- A fun and social online atmosphere
- Adaptable for various dietary restrictions- just let us know!
- Tinga de Pollo- Braised Chicken with Chiles
- Ceviche Tostaditos- with Lime-Cured Fish
- Organic Live Salsa (Fresh-tasting mild salsa)
- Chiles de Pueblo - Mexican chillies mix
- Green Habanero Sauce (authentic traditional Mexican flavours)
- Three Red Chilli Hot Sauce (red taco salsa made with chilies of the highest quality)
- Tostaditas (deep fried tortillas perfect for entrees)
- Chipotle En Adobo (smoked jalapeños in a tangy, slightly sweet adobo sauce)
- Handmade Tortilla Warmer (to keep your tortillas warm once made. Colours may vary)
- QR code linked to the recipes and an online instructional video
- Delivery included within Australia
* In the event of package delivery delays for ingredient kits, it is advised that you refer to the recipes sent and obtain ingredients so you are prepared for the class. Otao make every effort to have the package-ingredient kit to you 48 hours prior to the class start time and depend on the service of Australia Post. We are not liable for late or non-delivery.
WHAT DO I BRING?
- 4 chicken thighs (600g) and 600ml chicken stock
- 1 brown onion, 1 shallot, 4 cloves of garlic, 2 tomatoes, 1 avocado, 1 lime, 1 radish
- 1 table spoon Creme fraiche or sourcreem, 60g of Shredded Oaxaca or Monterey Jack Cheese
- 200g kingfish, sushi-grade, deboned, cut into 1cm cubes (or substitute any fresh white fish)
- Salt, sugar and pepper to taste
- Sharp knife and cutting board
- Sturdy sauté pans with lid or a large pot
- Small mixing bowls
- A spatula, tongs, and measuring spoons
- A digital scale
- Cling wrap
SPECIAL DIETARY NOTES
- Vegetarian/vegan you can replace the chicken with mushrooms or vegan meats, replace the fish with avocado
- Gluten-free - we will send a gluten free tacos
- Dairy-free - you can use non dairy cheese or without.
- Low sodium. Use less salt.
- Kosher. No pork or you can use kosher meats
- Halal- Purchase your own halal meat.
- No nuts. We don't include any nuts in our meals.
ON THE DAY
- This online Zoom class lasts for 1-2 hours you will need a device with internet connection
- Meet our chef and follow along with a live cooking demonstration, from your kitchen
- Debrief with a chance to enjoy your creations and chat.
- Learn how to make Ceviche and Tacos
- In rare situations, we may have to restart the online class - so reconnect.
HOW WE RUN THE CLASS?
- Learning by doing! You can start cooking at your own pace before and after the actual online class because you can click on the QR code for the video and recipe.
- We recommend you to watch the pre-recorded the video below to understand the recipes before you start making and cooking.
- In this online cooking class, you are welcome to your wine and beer. However, for safety, please focus on cooking, and you can drink with the meal later.
- If you tell us about your dietary requirement, we can suggest some substitute ideas. We will do our best to help you to cook the dishes on the menu.
- Please note that the start times for this virtual experience are scheduled in Melbourne - Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST). Please be aware and adjust the start time to your time zone if you are not based in Australia.
- Have a question as "I'm attending an online class?" please check our FAQs
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGE FOR DATES
- As soon as you sign up, we will send you information, so you can get access to the class resources. We will send you recipes, videos and Zoom details. No cancellation, but you can change the date.
- If you miss the Zoom class, let us know, as we will have the record for you.
- If you buy the voucher from the 3rd party, you will be bounced by the terms which we don't have the control over their business practices.
- Have a question as "I need to cancel, change or ask for a refund?", please check our FAQs
- Otao kitchen license number for online class delivery VCGLR LIMITED LICENSE 36135497*
- For Liquor Licenses - Under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1988 it is an offence - to supply alcohol to a person under the age of 18 years (Penalty exceeds $19,000). - For a person under the age of 18 years to purchase or receive liquor (Penalty exceeds $800).
Danny Hwang • May 2023
Good fun class. Clear instructions and guided well to follow the steps easily as a beginner. :) would definitely recommend
Thejas Balaraman • Jul 2022
The teacher was great. Very enjoyable class. Food could have been a little bit spicier (heat)
Lisa • May 2022
Teacher and staff were great
Loved how everything was already pre cut and ready to use.
Emma Morris • Apr 2022
These classes at OTAO are so much fun, definitely a great time out :) make sure you bring an empty stomach though! You will cook A LOT of food!
Simon Tran • Dec 2021
Friendly and helpful teacher. Willing to help
Well organised and pre-prepped food
John Bradley • Apr 2021
The teacher was fantastic. He was very memorable though, he had a passion for Mexican food and also knew the chemistry behind food. He had a lovely manner.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
for special promotions, tasting events, recipes and more!